Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Podcast

1. The technology I explored was Mac's iMovie to create my podcast.

2. According to Wikipedia, "podcasting is a series of digital media files (either audio or video) that are released episodically and often downloaded." A more detailed definition is located on Wikipedia which is very good information. Podcasting allows you to listen and/or see news, music, educational events, and presentations. The tool is useful because it allows you to participate and collaborate without having to be in a designated location. The tool is mostly used today for music and home videos. I believe we will fully embrace this technology once we maximize podcasting use in the education field.

3. My experience about learning to use the technology overall was good. This was my first time posting a podcast to a blog. Initially I used my home computer in which I had much difficulty. To overcome the difficulty I went over a friend's house to use his Mac computer. From that point on everything went very well. The process was very intuitive and simple. I really wanted to sit there and learn alot more.

  • My suggestion would be if this is your first time learning new technologies invest in a Mac computer or if you cannot afford the investment use the Macs at the library.
  • Practice new technologies with iChat and iMovie.

2 comments:

  1. See I didn't know you could do a vodcast with iMovie...I tried to figure it out but couldn't. Maybe I'll see if I can do it next time! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete